.

.

Friday, December 6, 2013

Woooorrrrrddd - Letter 12/6/2013

Hello!!

Wow. Well, I actually have time today so I'll try to summarize everything that has happened to me without it becoming a novel. So when we got here they kind of just directed me everywhere; into one building through a maze to get my badge and keys and then out, taken to another building to get stuff from the bookstore, taken to another building to do something else (I don't remember...), and then to my dorm room to drop off my luggage (which I had to carry up the stairs, by the way cause the host sister didn't know how to work the elevator... turns out you just have to swipe your key card to make it work. It's a pain in the butt so we just go up the stairs.) Anyways. I felt like I was being squeezed through a tube. 

So then we got to my classroom and I met my companion, Sister O'Banion. Her name does rhyme with companion so that's fun... Anyways. She is AWESOME! She's hilarious. She likes to quote movies and likes music and all sorts of stuff like that. Also she likes superhero stuff just as much as I do so that's really fun. She and I have matched for the last two days too, not even on purpose... So that's fine. Anyways she has such a strong testimony of the gospel. She is seriously so sweet to everyone, just talks to everyone around her and has this awesome laugh that you can hear from the other side of the cafeteria. We really are a lot a like, it's very cool. OH and she's from Billings Montana. She's 23. Aaaaaand she joined the church when she was 17! She has so many great insights on the gospel. Also, she just said "right meow". Meow. She and Kam would get along just fine. OH! And she LOVES HARRY POTTERRRR!!! She's a Hufflepuff. We screamed for like four hours when we did that. She also made an enemy our second day here cause she saw someone who looked like Draco Malfoy and she went up to him and told him that and he didn't appreciate it. 

We have nine people in our district altogether. There's me and Sister O'Banion. Then Sister Shurtliff and Sister Clifton, who we room with and are both from Canada and going to Toronto Canada. Then there's Elder Watters (who's 6'10" and has to duck for every door), Elder Mitchell and Elder Ayres (pronounced Airs) and they're all going to Toronto, and then Elder Vang and Elder Wilsher (WHO HAS A SWEET BRITISH ACCENT CAUSE HE GREW UP IN ENGLAND!) and they are also going to Toronto. So we are the only ones in our district going to Cleveland, but there are four other sisters in our Zone going to Cleveland as well. We also have four other Elders in our zone going to Las Vegas West, so I told them to look for Elder Parker and Sister Ofiu. One Elder's name is Elder Crabb so me and Sister O'Banion call him and his companion Elders Crabbe and Goyle... (HP reference.) Everyone here is awesome, I love them!!

So yesterday was tough, I was pretty much in tears by the end of it. Satan is really working hard on me out here!! Holy moses! But today has been much better. Last night it helped because we had a meeting with our branch president, and before that we did an introduction thing and talked about why we wanted to come on a mission and bore our testimony. Afterwards he interviewed each of us and in my interview he asked if I was doing okay and if I needed anything, and then he was like "Well, just from what I've seen and felt talking to and hearing from you so far I can already tell that you are going to be an amazing missionary. You already are. In fact, I feel privileged being able to sit here and talk to you today." That was cool.

Today we were able to teach an "investigator", in other words our teachers portraying someone that they taught on their missions. It was a way cool experience. Cool to feel the spirit working through you. I honestly love everyone here!!! I'm with everyone right now and I can hardly type cause we can't shut up. Love these guys.

Also, I saw Elder Bird (from high school) and Elder Lusk!! Totally cool kids. Elder Bird like chased me down first day, I'm walking towards my dorm and all the sudden I hear some psycho yelling "SISTER PERRENOUD!!!" And I forgot that was me so I ignored him for a bit, and then I realized it was him. Haha love that kid. Anyways, I have this feeling that I'm out of time and I think the computers might kick me off here in a bit but I will try to write a more detailed letter to you guys while I'm doing laundry. LOVE YOU GUYS!!!! LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU!!!

Love,

Sister Perrenoud

P.S. I did get my makeup bag and I about cried from happiness. Love you guys.



MTC Companion - Sister O'Banion from Montana


Using those talents I paid for!


MTC District


Worrying that she would be hungry or need a bedtime snack I told her to take some fruit or muffins to her room from the cafeteria ~ not going to happen!


Elder Taylor Bird a friend from High School - Headed to California


Elder Tanner Lusk from our 10th Ward - Headed to Russia 

No comments:

Post a Comment